Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Roses and Lace

Happy Valentines Day!  Well, almost I guess.  I love Valentines day.  Ok, who am I kidding?  I love every holiday.  I love that you get to change your house every few months by adding adorable decorations.  For Triston's first Valentines Day I decided I was going to heart attack our house.  I picked out adorable heart shaped decorations and then stuck them to our walls with tack.  But those things just weren't sticking!  My sister came over and I showed her the tack that I had been using.  Turns out it wasn't tack but modeling clay!   Everywhere I had put the "tack" there were little spots of discoloration where the clay had eaten through the paint!!!  Yikes right?  What are some of your most memorable Valentines day stories?

For my look I wanted to do something girly and flirty.  Usually I just wear jeans and a cute valentines day shirt or sweater.  I paired my high waisted rose skirt with a black shirt and then put a lacy crop top over my shirt to give texture.  Added a pinkish/peach (is there an exact color name for this combo??) rose statement necklace and bracelets.  Added some loose romantic waves to my hair and finished the look off by mixing a coral lipstick with a light pink lipstick.  Hope you enjoy the look.  Have a wonderful valentines day.  Hugs XxX
Jaimey








Lacy crop top: Forever21
Black Shirt: Costco
Rose Skirt: Forever21
Black Tights: Steve Madden
Shoes: Forever Young shoes
Rose Necklace: Forever21
Bracelets: Forever21



7 comments:

  1. THIS IS MY NEW FAVVVVV OUTFIT LOVE IT IM GOING TO FOREVER 21 NOW! LOVES SISSY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! Thanks T. They have a lot of great deals on crop tops and skirts, so you'll have a great selection to choose from. Have fun

      Delete
  2. Soo pretty! Love the poses, love the outfit, loove the girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasja: Absolutely yikes! I never celebrated Valentines day so no memories. Even tho the outfits black, it actually suits perfectly on Valentines day! Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tasja. I feel like everyone always wears red and pink on Valentines day. I wanted to be a little different but still feminine so that's where the roses and lace came into play, and I think black can be very romantic. You don't celebrate Valentines day? Is it part of your culture or you're just not into it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T: You are right, its always the same. I like something different! Oh no, my boyfriend and I don't like V day haha.

      Delete