Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Disheveled in roses

Happy Monday readers.  Did you guys have a good weekend?  Anything fun or exciting happen?  My little family and I went up to Snowbasin.  Tyler and Triston snowboarded while Lilah and I sat in the lodge and cheered them on!  I was such a proud mama bear watching my little guy cruise down the mountain.  It's crazy how coordinated he is, and how much he enjoys snowboarding.

On to the fashion post!  I wanted this outfit to be girly & romantic, but I wanted to add a twist to the outfit.  Nothing much.  It's fun to do minor adjustments to outfits, and try out trends or looks you've seen.  So I put on my chambray... Ladies this is a must have item.  It goes with everything and it's the perfect layering item.  Then I threw on my rose sweater.  BUT I only tucked in one side of the chambray shirt.  I'm not sure where this trend originated from, but I wanted to try it and I kind of liked it.  I liked the thought that when people saw me were they thinking my tucking in one side was accidental or what?  I liked my outfit coming off as mysterious I guess lol.  I went for my black jeans and I was originally going to wear my booties, but since we were going up in the mountains I opted for my furries instead.  Sure glad I did.  I added a rose statement necklace and some jewels.  Added a light pink/coral lipstick and went to watch my little guy kill it on the mountain.

What are some trends you guys are seeing that you'd like to try?  I hope you enjoy the look.
 Big Hugs XXX
                    --  Jaimey
P.S. It was sooo windy.  We were coming down the canyon and I saw this little spot in Mountain Green.  When I got out of the car I about blew away lol.  But I loved this spot so I tried my best to work with Mother Nature.  So please excuse the crazy wind blown hair lol.










Chambray shirt: H&M (men's section)
Roses Sweater: Forever21
Black Jeans: Forever21
Boots: LA MO
Bag: H&M
Reflective Sunnies: Kohls 
Necklace: Forever21
Bracelets: Forever21 & Lauren Conrad




7 comments:

  1. You totally nailed this outfit! I'm really into layering with denim. This is an outfit I would rock!! Minus the reflective sunnies... You are gutsy! I look awful in sunglasses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks Hailey Ham. I bet you would look amazing in this outfit too! And I think you'd look steller in the sunnies. I loce sunglasses. Tyler always makes fun of me bc I buy pretty eccentric ones!!!

      Delete
  2. Tasja: First of all, great spot haha! You've chosen well. I adore the outfit too. It matches good with the background btw ;P . I love layers. I think I already tried all the new trends I love haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tasja! Isn't this spot amazing?! Tyler kept wanting to gets shots of the mountains behind me and I was like, "Wait! It's freezing and windy and I need to be in the shots!" LOL. Layers are the best. I love that when you layer you don't have to wear a bulky coat. Well good thing it's a new season so you can start trying some new trends!! ;)

      Delete
    2. It is!! Whuaha, I know how it feels. Not the kind of outfit you would wear without a coat when there's even snow on the ground hahaha. But for a photo it's really nice. And I agree!

      Delete
  3. I'm in the process of compiling a floral looks post myself! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun Lyss I can't wait to see it! It's fun playing with dressing up floral prints!

      Delete