Friday, March 7, 2014

Fashion + Giving Back = Sword & Plough

Happy Friday friends.
I'm really enjoying doing my inspirational Friday posts.  I hope you guys are able to find some inspiration from them.  Inspiring people was one of the biggest reasons why I started blogging.  It's been fun finding quotes and books and fashion companies I think will inspire you.

I came across this company who I find has a very inspiring mission.  The company is Sword & Plough.  Are you wondering what their name means?  Here you go.  Sword & Plough is an ancient saying that means "To turn swords into plough shares."  Translation... "To take military technologies and materials and apply them to peaceful civilian applications."  So basically they take military supplies and turn them into items civilians can use.  In this case their items are handbags, and accessories!!!

Their mission: Empower Veteran employment, Reduce waste and Strengthen shared civil-military understanding.  What their company does is first they recycle over 1000 pounds of military surplus materials (tents, sleeping bags, parachutes) that would've been trashed.  Then they combine durable fabrics with Eco-friendly leather accents into stylish designs.  These leather accents, and other durable textiles are manufactured in America.  From there the materials are sent to Veteran owned, and staffed manufactures.  This is where the construction of the bags take place.  One of the manufacturers is Green Vets LA.  Sword & Plough also works with many other American manufacturing companies as well as non-profit organizations. These beautiful bags are then sold and with each sale 10% of the profit goes back to the initial users of the products.

How cool is that?  Their mission is both amazing & beautiful.  Are you guys ready to see their products? Well I think you all will be very surprised.  Theses bags are not only beautiful, but because they are military products, they are all extremely durable and water resistant.










 I will be the first to admit that I forget that there are men and women overseas fighting for our country which allows me to raise my children in a safe country.  I am so grateful for all the selfless men and women who sacrifice their lives and time away from their families.  So thank you so much to all of you who have ties to the military.  We appreciate your service so much!  My challenge for you friends, is the next time you see a vet or a military personal smile at them and thank them for their service.  Or if you have an opportunity to do help them out, please do so and don't forget that they've helped you too.  Pay it forward!!
Don't forget to check out Sword & Plough's website.

I hope you found a little inspiration in today's post.  Big Hugs XxX
                                                                                                   Jaimey




5 comments:

  1. T: Omg, brilliant :O . Indeed, their idea is very inspiring and it looks beautiful as well. I would have been proud if it were mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a brilliant idea T!?? I would love to own one as well! They're gorgeous.

      Delete
    2. Isn't it a brilliant idea T!?? I would love to own one as well! They're gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. Oh ham! These are soo cool. Its so interesting to look at something without knowing about it then later reading what it's all about. It makes it so much cooler to go back to the images to really understand... Like for example the colors of the bags, I just thought green was in, then I read your post. Soo awesome!!! God bless america! And the rest of the world too!! :) amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are cool huh Hailey Ham. I love that they are made from parachutes, and sleeping bags, and tents. I think it is even more amazing that everything is made in America!

    ReplyDelete